[TYPO3-english] Pagetree > 1000 pages

Stephan Schuler Stephan.Schuler at netlogix.de
Mon Mar 28 12:53:08 CEST 2011

Hey Michael.

My suggestion may sound like a workaround. But take it mainly as a suggestion for a more user friendly backend structure that accidentally solves your problem.

I would create something like a "section tree level". Depending on the number of subpages you expect to have in the future, you could create subpages with a limited number of inhabitants. I would group all pages by their first letter.
Splitting ~1000 pages into 27 sections (one per letter plus "0-9") leads you to ~40 pages per section.
If you don't want to have a page path like "mode/mode-labels/l/labe-1.html", you could exclude the section pages from the speaking url path. So you would keep your former path "mode/mode-labels/label-1.html". Doing that prevents you from losing search engine rankings because of changed url paths.

Greats,

Stephan Schuler
Web-Entwickler

Telefon: +49 (911) 539909 - 0
E-Mail: Stephan.Schuler at netlogix.de
Website: media.netlogix.de

--
netlogix GmbH & Co. KG
IT-Services | IT-Training | Media

netlogix GmbH & Co. KG ist eingetragen am Amtsgericht Nürnberg (HRA 13338)
Persönlich haftende Gesellschafterin: netlogix Verwaltungs GmbH (HRB 20634)
Umsatzsteuer-Identifikationsnummer: DE 233472254
Geschäftsführer: Stefan Buchta, Matthias Schmidt