[TYPO3-english] ExtJS question about resizing components

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Mon Mar 28 12:48:37 CEST 2011

Hi Steffen,

> that's ok imho, we are in the same community and help with any coding.

My impression too, but I thought I would be careful ;-)

> Be aware that tabs are rendered lazy. So if you have a form spread over
> tabs, you have to set "deferredRender" to false to get all fields
> submitted.

Good to know, but it didn't help.

> For any change inside the tab you need to call a doLayout() on the
> tabpanel itself.

I thought about this. My problem was how to get a reference to the
TabPanel. It is set up within the Ext.onReady block. The event that
shows or hides additional fields lives in a separate function within my
namespace. So how do I get a reference to the TabPanel within that
separate function? I thought of trying with events, but couldn't find
how to trigger one from within the function.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter