[TYPO3-english] RealURL incorrect paths with shortcut and menu separator

Stefan Mielke stefan at tan3.de
Mon Mar 28 10:00:52 CEST 2011

hi dimitry,

> Hi!
>
> Stefan Mielke wrote:
>> i have a navigation like this:
>>
>> - Seminars (Shortcut to first subpage)
>> -- Category 1 (Menu Separator)
>> -- Seminar 1 (Standard Page)
>> -- Seminar 2 (Standard Page)
>> -- Category 2 (Menu Separator)
>> -- Seminar 3 (Standard Page)
>> -- Seminar 4 (Standard Page)
>>
>> the separator pages have of course no content.
>> without realurl:  'Seminars' links correctly to 'Seminar1'
>> with realurl: 'Seminars' links to 'Category1' and typo3 returns ' the requested page does not exist' because its the menu separator.
>>
>> how can i fix this?
>
> I am sorry, your menu separator is the first subpage and you link to the first subpage. So what do you expect? :)
>
> Link your shortcut to another page, that's all.

i want backend users to sort the seminars, so i dont know what page is the first page with content.

i think the pagetype 'menu separator' by definiton is a page without content, like a sysfolder.
so i expect that the link to 'first subpage' ignores the menu separator an links to the next page with content.
by the way, if i change 'category 1' into a sysfolder the shortcut works as expected an links to 'seminar 1'.

what do you think?

stefan