[TYPO3-english] how is 4.5 BE is "heavier and slower" for you?

Steffen Gebert steffen.gebert at typo3.org
Fri Mar 25 15:17:49 CET 2011

> using Firefox 3.6. For me it's the speed (extjs/ajax calls) in backend.
> I have a tree with 4 levels and building the tree takes more than 10
> seconds.

You can increase the preloadLimit
($TYPO3_CONF_VARS['BE']['pageTree']['preloadLimit']) from 50 to maybe 500.

It has been 1000 in the beginning of the development, but was then
decreased. It's a trade-off between server load and client loading speed.
High value: Higher load on the server, but more tree nodes sent to the
client per batch.

Kind regards
Steffen

--