[TYPO3-english] REALURL - No hashcode/parameters passed -- Exclude Page from url

Andreas Becker ab.becker at web.de
Thu Mar 24 17:23:06 CET 2011

There is absolutely no war existing and only good practice is realty as it
is for the benefit of the customers. "Inspire to share". I still remember
the day I started to promote cooluri as on this day no autoconfig was
existing in realurl and many people beside me had problems to set it up.
This was one of the reasons actually why cooluri made its way. Months later
the autoconfig for realurl has been released, a great feature which was very
good for standard sites. Now we had a very easy to write XML file with a
great Backend management and we had autoconfiguration - ok with a bit
difficult to modify afterwards configuration files if use serialized.
Unfortunately it is still not possible to combine the power of both
extensions until now. It really depends on the situation what to use is good
or not as good.

People often look hours and days and more to solve a problem while with a
simple change to another extension this problem would have been solved quite
easily or even won't exist. This is why we use both extensions according the
specific needs of the customers. In a TYPOgento site i.e. we use realurl as
you only need to install it and it is working as long as you have only one
language which is non asian. In another we use cooluri because we needed the
asian languages get running which we achieved much easier in cooluri, also
the customer wanted to have all the ending parts striped away, which seems
now to be possible with the version of realurl in svn too.

Searching for problems and reinventing wheels costs often lots of time,
while a working solution - but perhaps with another extension - is already
existing.

Security issues have been in many extensions - important is that they get
fixed fast and those sql injections in cooluri are fixed since 2009.
http://secunia.com/advisories/search/?search=typo3+cooluri
Since than the cooluri code has been improved also a lot and new features
have been implemented!

The same realurl has been improved a lot. Meanwhile the autocnfiguration
seems to recognize also language settings (but unfortunaetely not Japanese
or Thai).

The main problem with all those extensions which try to "inspire to share"
each other, often just achieve the opposite. They cost a whole lot of time
to setup, configure or integrate, searching in mailinglists, manage while if
they simply would take both of two worlds together in one solid concept than
everyone would have a solution which probably would work just out of the box
with no further configuration and would be part of the TYPO3 core with a
small checkbox asking you

... do you want nice looking URLs? yes/no

Perhaps Dmitry and Jan should get together with some other interested
URL-Coiffeurs and get THE TYPO3 Clean URL solution up and running for TYPO3
4.6.

and afterwards we would have a solution with Click and all your URLs and of
all TYPO3 extensions would instantly produce nice looking URLs.

Unfortunately we seem to be still far away from this nice vision, but we
should never give up hope - or :-)

Andi

<http://secunia.com/advisories/search/?search=typo3+cooluri>