[TYPO3-english] REALURL - No hashcode/parameters passed -- Exclude Page from url

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Thu Mar 24 14:01:07 CET 2011

Hi,

On 24-3-2011 13:18, Tobias Dörner wrote:
> But it is necessary to exclude a page segment in that way I described
> because the url will become very long. Too long (six to seven segments)

Most people use the rather flexible postVarSets to include query
parameters in the URL. These have the advantage that they can be defined
for an entire site because they use key-value pairs. The disadvantage is
that it adds two segments to the URL for each query parameters
fixedPostVars add only one segment to the URL, but have a fixed
position. If you don't use some of them it will give you empty segments
in the URL.
However, you can define fixedPostVars for a single page ID. This reduces
the number of segments, but it makes the configuration more complex and
time consuming.

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert.