[TYPO3-english] REALURL - No hashcode/parameters passed -- Exclude Page from url

Tobias Dörner hermes1 at web.de
Thu Mar 24 13:18:29 CET 2011

Hi Dimtry, Jan and Andreas,
about <offtopic>make peace not war ^^ </offtopic>

First of all I know this special feature of cooluri (Jan you remember me
[bug solution]?).
The main question for me is which of those two extensions have the most
variability to configure related to usability and both related to effort,
needed time to configure and server load.
In an old project when I worked with cooluri the first time it was easy to
handle but the problem was an extension which mysql queries were written
very complicated.
And with cooluri the System (High Server load values) slowed down to an
unacceptable value, sometimes about 2 minutes for one search request(in that
case no_cache=1). Without cooluri it only took a fifth of time. I think the
main reason for this problems were the complicated mysql query in relation
to the database table entries of the extension the amount of entries and the
"not so fast" Server. We could speed up a little bit by tuning the extension
and building a further "relation" table.

Now I have the problem that I am working on a project which has not as much
entries as the old project had. But it could reach the amount of entries of
it. And therefore I tried using realurl.
But it is necessary to exclude a page segment in that way I described
because the url will become very long. Too long (six to seven segments)
http://localhost/article/la-la-la.htm
http://localhost/news/article/la-la-la.htm
That’s why I thought the configuration of arrays in realurl_conf.php would
be more effective.

Regards
Tobi