[TYPO3-english] tt_news subhead/bodytext into meta descriptionfield?

Douglas La Farge doug at gcnmedia.com
Thu Mar 24 13:18:01 CET 2011

Hi Victor,

Thanks for the tips on this.  We're slightly functional.

the problem I'm still having is if the article doesn't have a
short/subheader then the meta description isn't populated.

How can I get register:newsSubheader to populate with bodytext?  To get a
little more fancy, if this is possible, how might I do a crop on the (new)
register?

I also need one last piece which I can't seem to figure out where to start.

how to take the article author and populate into (what I'm currently
guessing to be)

author.data

thank you for the tip,
doug

page.headerData.999 {

local >
  local {
    description.data = register:newsSubheader
    keywords.data = register:newsKeywords
  }
}