[TYPO3-english] REALURL - No hashcode/parameters passed -- Exclude Page from url

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Thu Mar 24 12:51:34 CET 2011

Hi,

On 24-3-2011 9:37, Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
> For example, you have a path: http://localhost/news/. Suppose
> that shows a news list. Also you have a postVar named "article". The
> orignal question was: is it possible to have
> http://localhost/article/la-la-la.htm instead of
> http://localhost/news/article/la-la-la.htm.

As you've already confirmed (so it is mainly for others), it can be done
if it is really that important to have such URLs:
- page "news" : list view
- page "article" : single view (same level as "news")
- fixedPostVar for the page ID of 'article' for the title of the news item

I personally use realUrl most of the time, because there are more
extensions which contain realUrl setup and I have used it more often.
I have used coolUri once (quite long ago) when a client wanted a kind of
simulate static URLs, but with a twist. CoolURI had the option to use a
custom function for building the page path.

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert.