[TYPO3-english] REALURL - No hashcode/parameters passed -- Exclude Page from url

Andreas Becker ab.becker at web.de
Thu Mar 24 10:26:16 CET 2011

Hi Dmitry

This feature was one of my first requests to Jan before I actually started
to write the Tutorial of Cooluri in 2007. Since than it is possible. It is
also possible to say a pathelement should be completely excluded, what is
only sometimes really necessary and useful. Furthermore is it possible to
create a long path on the first level which means you can have
http://localhost/article-lalala.htm or
http://localhost/news-article-la-la-la.htm

The feature this thread is talking about is called
*Exclude the middle of the path segment.*
It is also possible to exclude multiple middle of the path segments, what is
very useful to structure multidomain websites i.e. to group news not only
with categories but also inside branches.

localhost
----- level1
-----------level 1.1
-----------------level 1.1.1
----------------------------- website

http://localhost/website

But you need to take care by yourself for doubled URLs!!! sometimes not
easy! depending on the size of your site

The orignal question was: is it possible to have
> http://localhost/article/la-la-la.htm instead of
> http://localhost/news/article/la-la-la.htm. If you answer "yes, CoolURI
> can do that", it would mean CoolURI has a better implementation of this
> feature.

So the answer is clearly yes it can do that.

Andi