[TYPO3-english] Database suddenly cannot connect to TYPO3

Stefano Cecere scecere at krur.com
Wed Mar 23 16:05:40 CET 2011

On Wed, 23 Mar 2011 15:30:16 +0100, Lily Wong <lily.wong at utoronto.ca>
wrote:

> Hi Stefano,
>
> Thanks for your quick reply. I spoke to my web host tech support earlier
> and they are looking into it right now. The specific database error that
> I'm getting is "too many connections". ??

classic error for shared hosting, or maybe the mysql is not well
configured (or you're getting tons of visitors!)

anyway take care to set this in the localconf.php (by install tool or by
hand):

$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['SYS']['no_pconnect'] = '1';

(usually they are persistent connections that help mysql to get too many
connections)

ciao

--

   Stefano Cecere