[TYPO3-english] REALURL - No hashcode/parameters passed -- Exclude Page from url

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Tue Mar 22 20:13:24 CET 2011

Hi Dmitry,

On 22-3-2011 17:07, Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
> Jörg H. Kunath wrote:
>> the url is still unique enough to be made our ot paramter 1 and 2.
>
> I did not understand this part :(

You look at a speaking url made by RealURL and see the parts (preVars,
pagePath, fixedPostVars, postVarSets, fileName) which form a nice human
readable URL.
Others often look at the URL as a whole and see that there may be some
parts which do not need to be there to make a readable and still unique
URL, but are essential for RealURL to construct the various parts, etc.

For example:
http://example.org/info/news/article/typo3-rules.html

For its "uniqueness" the 'article' part could easily be missed, but it
is part of the postVarSet. It could also read:
http://example.org/info/news/typo3-rules.html
where news is the 'keyword' of the postVarSet. In that case the last
part of the pagePath would be missing (which can't work either).

If I understand the configuration possibilities correctly, the "article"
part could be removed by using fixedPostVars for a certain pageID
instead of the generally usable postVarSets construction.

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert.