[TYPO3-english] Multi-domain site with different branches in tree

Christian Lerrahn typo3 at penpal4u.net
Mon Mar 21 05:42:28 CET 2011

Hi,
I have a site which has the structure

home

-- uk

-- de

-- fr
.

Now, the site offers http://www.example.com/uk as
http://www/example.co.uk/ as well, same for http://www.example.com/de
and http://www.example.de and http://www.example.com/fr and
http://www.example.fr.

I can easily set up the site to work for the different domain names by
using domain records. Using TS conditions I can also make sure that the
site is cached with different base tags (CoolURI in use) and so on. I
can live with the fact that CoolUri will still generate Links like
http://www.example.co.uk/uk/abc instead of http://www.example.co.uk/abc.

However, there is one real problem I have. As the whole site is one
tree, editors can set internal links to pages outside their branch of
the tree. If for example the editor on the French pages linked to the
page http://www.example.com/uk/abc he would do so through an internal
link. Now, the problem there is that because of my base tag, this link
will then become http://www.example.fr/uk/abc which is invalid because
this page is outside what TYPO3 knows as the root of the example.fr
domain. How do I solve this problem? Do I have to move all the
branches out of the main branch and mount them in instead? It is
important to me that the path http://www.example.com/uk/abc is still
valid and does not get rewritten.

Cheers,
Christian