[TYPO3-english] Fexible content element renames my images?

Bjoern Pedersen bjoern.pedersen at frm2.tum.de
Fri Mar 18 14:46:14 CET 2011

Am 18.03.2011 14:31, schrieb Morten Kjems:
> Hi.
>
> I am setting up a flexible content element that displays a small gallery
> with four images.
>
> If I click "Browse for files" and chose the same image for all four
> image fields, a number is added to the filename. If I chose myimage.jpg
> then the filenames will be changed to myimage_01, myimage_02, myimage_03.
>
> These images do not exist and therefor nothing will be displayed in the
> frontend.
>
> The same thing happen if I chose an image, remove and the chose it
> again. The second time I chose it a number will be added to the filename.
>
> How do I avoid this behavior?
>
> My TS for the image fields looks like this:
>
> 10 = IMAGE
> 10.file.import = fileadmin/billeder/
> 10.file.import.current = 1
> 10.file.import.listNum = 0
> 10.file.maxW = 152
>
> Any suggestions?

This is standard TYPO3 behaviour. If you select an image, it gets copied
to uploads/ with a sequential number added. The goal is, that changing
an image does not compromise other occurences of that image.

So there are 3 possibilities:
1)
10.file.import= uploads/

2) use dam and dam_tvconnector (see the manuals hwo to use it)
3) in trunk  (and 4.5 if i am right) there is a config option to switch
of the copying behaviour. Information should be in the wiki.

Björn