[TYPO3-english] Direct Mail – sending html newsletters

Lorenz Ulrich lorenz-typo3 at visol.ch
Wed Mar 16 22:44:36 CET 2011

Hi Sara

For your information: I just tested sending a HTML mail to a static list
of FE users. It works fine.

I think you have a misconfiguration. Is it possible that your users
don't have the flag "Send direct mail as HTML" set? If so, no mail will
be sent (if type of mail is HTML only) even if you have recipients in
your list.

You might change all of them at once with a MySQL query

ALTER TABLE fe_users SET module_sys_dmail_html = 1;

To have it enabled by default, you could use a hidden field in the
sr_feuser_register template (name=module_sys_dmail_html, value=1) or
maybe (not tested) use

TCAdefaults.fe_users.module_sys_dmail_html = 33

FYI, I normally work with "From pages" lists, and I'm sure know that the
tree types "From pages", "Static list" and "Plain list" can send HTML mails.

Best regards,

Lorenz