[TYPO3-english] Howto let BE user localize a CE?

Frank Sonck frank.sonck at freebel.net
Mon Mar 14 20:57:04 CET 2011

Hello people,

I want to give members of a BE user group permission to localize content
elements (eg text). For some reason I can't get it to work properly. When
the user clicks on "create a copy for translation" then this new version
of the CE is put with the non-used elements. It won't appear on the page
(BE).
Content that was localized by the admin is visible for the user.
Normally the user should have access to the content in all the installed
languages no? Or am I missing something?
Of course I gave the BE user group access (permission) to the page.
Using TYPO3 v4.4.6

Greetings
Frank Sonck