[TYPO3-english] Typoscript in a file

Marcus 'biesior' Biesioroff vsbies at wp.pl
Mon Mar 14 10:34:55 CET 2011

W dniu 11-03-13 19:13, Tomasz Melcer pisze:
> Hello,
>
> I am now writing all my TypoScript in a file, and my template record is
> just including this file. This makes me easier to coordinate with
> changes to html/css template, as I can keep everything in Subversion.
>
> Are there any disadvantages of this method compared to keeping TS in the
> database?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tomasz Melcer

Main disadvantage is that you're not able to use T3editor with syntax
coloring... so... if you feel pretty well with TSref it's no problem.

This model is quite good, when there is some team that should have
'mirrored' configuration for their local - development environments.

On the other hand, when I'm working alone on projects I prefer to store
templates in DB.

Finally, in case of subtemplates (that Ivano is asking in some post
below) there is possible to use TS conditions to make individual
configuration on the chosen part of tree only.

ie.:

[PIDinRootline = 123, 345]
page.10 >
page.10 < plugin.tx_someplugin_pi1