[TYPO3-english] I just need to create exiting websites on my mac using TYPO3

Katja Lampela katja.lampela at lieska.net
Sat Mar 12 23:04:27 CET 2011

Hi,

Please Jakob, consider this: you don't need to install the TYPO3 into your laptop if you want to create a website with TYPO3. You need to install it into the server. (You need to install the TYPO3 and the site you have created anyway finally to the server if you want to publish your site. So why not do it right away.)

The only two situation when IMHO it would be wise to install the server+TYPO3 to you own laptop:
1. you are a developer (PHP programmer) and need to program your own extensions  with TYPO3
2. you don't have a regular web connection and that's why you need your own web server environment

You get to the easy 1-2-3-installation, when you install the TYPO3 to an existing server.
So, first purchase a webhosting (=existing server) together with MySQL (check that webhosting fills the server requirements http://typo3.org/about/system-requirements/). Then upload to server and unload the zip package and then run the installation.

This is much easier and also, believe me, the only necessary steps you need when you start creating your websites with TYPO3.

--
With kind regards

Katja Lampela
*Lieska-tuotanto*