[TYPO3-english] [TYPO3-GSoC] GSoC 2011 - Google Summer of Code is drawing near!

Karsten Dambekalns karsten at typo3.org
Sat Mar 12 00:11:19 CET 2011

Hi fellow TYPO3 developers and users, old and new!

Today we submitted the application of TYPO3 as a mentoring organisation
for this year's GSoC program. We are rather positive about being accepted
again, and thus ask you to be active already!

A website section has been created at
http://typo3.org/development/gsoc2011/ and will be updated throughout the
program. On it you can find the timeline, potential mentors and some ideas
for projects.

The next important step is the selection of participating orgs by Google,
the results will be published March 18th. It then continues with the
student application period from March 28th to April 8th. So, if you are
currently a student, mark that date!

Of course now is already the perfect time to start thinking about *your*
personal project idea if you would love to work on his or her favorite CMS
with a stipend from Google this summer!

Get in touch with the community, explore the system, ask for help with
anything to get you up to speed before the program starts. We are all
friendly people looking forward to your questions!

Regards,
Karsten
--
Karsten Dambekalns