[TYPO3-english] How to install TYPO3 on my mac... Apache?

Xavier Perseguers xavier.perseguers at typo3.org
Fri Mar 11 23:31:02 CET 2011

Hi,

Jakob Pedersen wrote:
> What is MAMP PRO and how do i use it. How do i set up the MySQL, Apache, and
> PHP on my Mac. What are the programs... have never heard about Apache.. how
> do i start it.

Seems like you miss some basic knowledge about hosting websites...
Apache is a web server, just like IIS on Windows is (you might have
heard of it). This is the most common piece of software you find on a
Linux (or Mac) web server.

With MAMP (I don't think you need to start with MAMP Pro) You do not
have to bother about how setting MySQL, Apache and PHP, this is done for
you with that package. Just follow the instructions, put TYPO3 source
files (I suggest to download and use the introduction package) into MAMP
home directory, start MAMP with the nice GUI and open your website which
will be something like http://localhost (there is a button too for that
in MAMP GUI).

Just follow the instructions and read the MAMP documentation.

Have fun!

--
Xavier Perseguers
Release Manager TYPO3 4.6