[TYPO3-english] Typo3 installation on mac?

Christian Platt christian.platt at pharmaline.de
Fri Mar 11 18:46:20 CET 2011

Yes.

i presume 10.6, php5 is installed, apache (websharing) is running.

Mysql is installed, if not, download newsest version an install.
You can download navivat light or mysql workbench to handle mysql.

just download the zip installer and unzip this
drag the folder to your Library/webserver/documents/ folder

for folders
	 fileadmin
	typo3conf
	typo3temp
	uploads
change owner to www,
think to herite it to the folder insíde the folder.

create  a new database for example typo3 and a user for 127.0.0.1 lets say
user : typo3
password: typo3
set database to utf8 when creating the database.

then enter in your browser
http://127.0.0.1/typo3/typo3/install

maybe you have to create an empty textfile ENABLE_INSTALL_TOOL with a text editor as text wrangler an put it inthe folder typo3conf

If you run the install now you have to enter host 127.0.0.1 and username typo3 and password typo3, then create database and follow the instruction.
In the end of the process dont't forget to craete an admin user to get startet.

Instead of the source you can also download the introduction package, which makes it easier to start for you.

Feeel free to ask the list, if this wont work

Christian