[TYPO3-english] value mismatch with fieldtype

Historia newsletter at zimmermann-steinhart.de
Fri Mar 11 15:05:03 CET 2011

Hello,

thanks, I am working with typo3 for 7 years and have now the problem of
living in a country with a script called G'eez or Amharic. I am quite
amazed that the charset is still standard on latin and that therefore I
get this value mismatch when I paste in Amharic text. The value mismatch
was not an issue with version 4.4.

My wamp package has actually MySQL charset set to UTF-8, the database
created is however latin1 swedish. For western settings this works fine,
because typo3 seems to make the right conversions automatically.

On my Productionserver I just installed a new package with 4.5.2 and
there the database is on utf-8, locally I am still using 4.5.0. I hope
the issue is now fixed.

settings are:
character set client = utf8
character set connection = utf8