[TYPO3-english] tt_news and localized page

Boris Gulay boris at boressoft.ru
Fri Mar 11 11:53:08 CET 2011

I have a page in two languages and two news items on this page, in two
languages too. I put tt_news plugin on this page for default language,
setup it and copy to another language by pressing "Copy default content
elements". In the FE output I can only see empty DIV without any content
for this plugin. I've put some tracing to main_news function
(tt_news/pi/class.tx_ttnews.php) and I discovered that this function is
not called!

TYPO3 4.4.6 on Postgres. Settings I have made in plugin:
What to display: LATEST
Template file reference: set to file with my own template
PageId for single news display: set
PageId to return to: set
Page(s) with tt_news records: one page in the list, the same where
plugin resides.

The question is: why there is not output of tt_news plugin on the page?