[TYPO3-english] value mismatch with fieldtype

Historia newsletter at zimmermann-steinhart.de
Fri Mar 11 10:11:47 CET 2011

Hello,

I am trying to work with utf-8 and whenever I set up a new system  there
is still the database set to collation latin1_swedish_ci.

My Database has the MySQL connection collation utf8_unicode_ci

Is there any possibility to set up the database from the beginning to
the right collation.

Ok it is not much of a problem exporting and importing the database, but
still it is odd to have to do that. It is especially bad if I add the
new language after filling the database.

Is there any better solution?

Herbert