[TYPO3-english] 4.4.4->4.5.2 blank backend

Xavier Perseguers xavier.perseguers at typo3.org
Thu Mar 10 14:19:04 CET 2011

Hi,

> 10.3.2011 13:28, Kay Strobach kirjoitti:
>>> So should I remove other symlinks too and create new ones?
>>
>> yes, that's what he meant.
>
> :) - my correct question should have been:
>
> How do I symlink now when the situation is following:
>
> - t3lib (link to typo3_src/t3lib)
> - typo3 (link to typo3_src/typo3)
> - index.php (link to typo3_src/index.php)
> - typo3_src (link to ../../typo3_src-4.4.4)
>
> And this last symlink is the one I usually remove and create again. But
> where should I make these other symlinks point now?

As long as your really have this configuration, then upgrading TYPO3 is
in fact just a matter of recreating the very last symlink you mention,
the other are "updated" accordingly.

What I mean is whenever you have a _double_ symlink on your typo3_src
(problem I encountered with some customer months ago), then you may
think that it works but it isn't.

--
Xavier Perseguers
Release Manager TYPO3 4.6