[TYPO3-english] 4.4.4->4.5.2 blank backend

Katja Lampela katja.lampela at lieska.net
Thu Mar 10 11:31:37 CET 2011

Hi Xavier,

10.3.2011 11:53, Xavier Perseguers kirjoitti:
> I've seen this once some months ago. The problem was the use of "double" symlinks:
>
> t3lib --> typo3_src/t3lib
> typo3 --> typo3_src/typo3
> typo3_src --> /path/to/typo3_src
>
> /path/to/typo3_src --> /path/to/other/typo3_src_4.4.4
>
> then you change your /path/to/typo3_src into
>
> /path/to/typo3_src --> /path/to/other/typo3_src_4.5.2
>
> but the t3lib and typo3 symlinks you created in fact still reference the 4.4.4 version as the double symlink was resolved in your back :)

Thank you Xavier, the installation should be the default symlinking - but now I'm not sure anymore. This site is not in my normal server.
I don't quite understand now how to solve this, if the symlinks are wrong. Anyway at the moment downgrading to 4.4.4 made the backend work again.

I upgraded this as I always do: I remove the typo3_src symlink and make another that points to the new upgrade folder, in this case typo3_src-4.5.2.

So should I remove other symlinks too and create new ones?

--
With kind regards

Katja Lampela
*Lieska-tuotanto*