[TYPO3-english] problem with External Data Import ext

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Wed Mar 9 15:53:00 CET 2011

Hi,

> The matter is that if i set to any value defaultMailFromAddress
> and/or defaultMailFromName mails are not sent.

Well, I haven't adapted external_import to the new features of TYPO3
4.5, sorry. In particular the sending of the mail doesn't use the new
SwitftMailer API and so does not use defaultMailFromAddress nor
defaultMailFromName parameters.

What I plan to do (now that I released version 1.2.0) is to switch to
developing a 2.x version which would be compatible only with TYPO3 4.5
and use all the new features.

I opened an issue about the mail problem, in order not to forget:

http://forge.typo3.org/issues/13711

Sorry about the inconvenience for now.

--

Francois Suter