[TYPO3-english] problem with External Data Import ext

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Tue Mar 8 20:39:32 CET 2011

Hi,

> The first run  complain that the cli user had not enough rights to update
> tt_address (table that i need to update).
> Then I updated cli_scheduler user rights to everything i found that could
> make sense with tt_address table and in fact second run went smooth and it
> inserted every record, but the third run and on complain that "Attempt to
> modify record ########### without permission. Or non-existing page."
>
> I checked again and again cli_scheduler user  rights and I also added db
> mount of the page where addresses are, but nothing change.
>
> Any help?

There are three steps to setting the correct permissions:

- access to the tables to update
- the proper mount point(s)
- the correct access rights (as per Web > Access module)

According to what you describe, I would guess that it's the third step
that's missing for you. You should make sure that your cli_scheduler
user has the rights to modify contents for the given storage page
(records stored on a page are considered to be content, even if it's not
strictly content elements).

Actually the best way to verify your rights setup is to use the User
Admin tool to simulate the cli_scheduler and run an import manually from
there (or even just modify/create a record manually). It's a bit simpler
than having to run the scheduler every time.

HTH

--

Francois Suter