[TYPO3-english] Editing BE records with a FE form

Stephen Bungert stephenbungert at yahoo.de
Tue Mar 8 15:12:27 CET 2011

For an extension that I have created, I now need to allow editing/creating
new records in the FE. My clients have decided that doing it in TYPO3 is too
complicated and they want some kind of simple form on the website FE that
would allow them to create records.

There are no RTE's needed so the fields consist of just text with several
"group" fields which I render as check and radio boxes. This all worked fine
when editing an existing records,  but I have run in to problems when
creating a new record. There are several fields that need to be additionaly
created: tstamp, crdate, cruser_id and so on.

I set these to timestamps and leave cruser_id blank as I assume the BE user
uid is needed here not the FE user uid.

One of the fields that I see in phpmyadmin is l10n_diffsource which seems to
contain serealised data. I have not done anything to this field except set
it to an empty string. Will this matter long term, can I leave it blank? If
not is there some function I can call to create this data?