[TYPO3-english] Modification of static templates

Marcus 'biesior' Biesioroff vsbies at wp.pl
Mon Mar 7 22:08:36 CET 2011

W dniu 11-03-04 16:53, Tomasz Melcer pisze:

> I am thinking of few solutions:
>
>   * Just edit the css_styled_content TS in the source code

Never! That's worst practice, you also told why: if you'll update your
TYPO3 src in some time the changes will gone! This rule also applies to
other source resources like extensions' templates etc.

>   * Copy css_styled_content to a new record and ignore the standard one.

Makes no sense until you need to change only few parts

>   * Monkey-patch css_styled_content in the places where it defines rules
> for specific elements.

Hmmm... monkey... nevermind :) Thats (probably) best idea (whatever the
monkey is)

And the winner is:
You can overwrite only selected values in standard Template record
(Module: Web -> Templates -> Setup field)

On the other hand I would suggest you to rather modify CSS styles of
your own, it's faster and more comfortable, as you just can find proper
solution using something like FireBug or other typical webmaster's tools.

--
Marcus 'biesior' Biesioroff
http://www.typo3.pl | TYPO3 Polish Community