[TYPO3-english] How to redirect old links to pdfs?

xtine777 christine at rochelt.info
Sun Mar 6 18:28:31 CET 2011

We replaced an old TYPO3-Website with a new one. Now there is a problem with
old links to PDFs indexed in Google. The 404-Redirect doesn't work for files
in the fileadmin-folder. I only get the 404 server-page.
Is there an option to solve that without changing the .htaccess (no access,
would have to ask the provider)? In case that is the only option, how does
it work?

TYPO3 Version 4.4.4
RealUrl installed

[FE][pageNotFound_handling] = /404.html
[FE][pageNotFound_handling_statheader] = HTTP/1.0 404 Not Found

Thanks a lot for any suggestions!