[TYPO3-english] Mega Menu with Typo3

Philipp Gampe typo3.lists at philippgampe.info
Thu Mar 3 23:52:26 CET 2011

Hello Alex,

Alex MacDonald wrote:

> I can't
> figure out how to categorize the menu items into categories, which in turn
> will be columns. The columns will be separate unodered lists. Each
> undordered list needs to be surrounded with a <div> with a certain class
> name, too. My question is 1) Is this able to be done through Typo3? and 2)
> Is there any way, once the initial code is created, to be able to update
> it without editing the Typoscript?
>
> I've looked into options such as Optionsplit, but I can't guarantee how
> many menu items will be in each column, so that doesn't seem to be
> helping. Am I missing something?

Maybe you want to use the page type "spacer" and use the SPC menu item state
to generate the needed "in-between" markup.

1 = TMENU
1 {

  NO = 1
  NO.wrap = <li>|</li>

  SPC = 1

}

This will start a new div for each space page.You can even use the name of
the spaces page in order to create headings.
Play around with it.

You can use the fields of a page to differentiate further.
SPC.wrap.override.if.field = backend_layout
SPC.wrap.override.if.equals = 2

In case of type space, you must first select a different type and change
those fields there as these options are not displayed for type space. Then
switch to space.

Best regards
--
Philipp Gampe – PGP-Key EF45DD31