[TYPO3-english] HTML5 Boilerplate with TYPO3

Martin Mädler martin.maedler at rwth-aachen.de
Wed Mar 2 15:29:18 CET 2011

Am 02.03.2011 14:59, schrieb Martin Mädler:
> However, I would feel better if I could have the meta tag: <meta
> http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge,chrome=1">
> right after the charset definition as it is recommended by the
> template designers of HTML5 Boilerplate.
>
> Do you have any ideas on how to achieve this without constructing the
> header completely on my own?
Hi again, I think I found a somewhat acceptable solution. There is an
extention called "HTML5 charset-metatag", which basically just extends
ux_t3lib_pagerenderer and overwrites the variable $metaCharsetTag with
the short and sweet html5 variant of the charset definition. This
redifinition can be enhanced with the afore-mentioned meta-tag. Like this:

class ux_t3lib_pagerenderer extends t3lib_pagerenderer {
   protected $metaCharsetTag = '<meta charset="|" /><meta
http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge,chrome=1">';
}

Cheers
Martin