[TYPO3-english] How to extend RTE ?

Gregory Loichot gloichot at cross-systems.com
Wed Mar 2 14:36:19 CET 2011

Hello,

I'm working on a TYPO3 4.5 and I'm looking for the best way to do :
- add a button in RTE editor
- when this button is clicked, a pop-up appears and display the content
of a sysfolder; you can select which record you want
- when a record is selected, a marker is add (###table_name:12###) that
combine table and uid of the selected record.
- in FE mode, ###table_name:12### will be replaced by something (a
personal algorithm).

I look at RTE extensions (like FindReplace, ...) to understand how those
extension are coded, but... nothing....

Do you know an extension that do that (cannot find any), or a wiki page
(how to extend rte) ?

Thank you so much
Greg