[TYPO3-english] Internal Server Error on News Enteries

Simon Nute snute2008 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 12:12:56 CET 2011

The exact message shown in Typo3 BE is:
Internal Server Error

unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster at waags.org.uk and
inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have
done that may have caused the error.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use
an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

The errors in the log show:
[Tue Mar 01 05:10:29 2011] [error] [client 81.130.104.220] File does not
exist: /home/waagsor/public_html/500.shtml, referer:
http://www.waags.org.uk/t3/typo3/backend.php
[Tue Mar 01 05:10:29 2011] [error] [client 81.130.104.220] SoftException
in Application.cpp:601: Directory
"/home/waagsor/public_html/t3/typo3conf/ext/tt_news/mod1" is writeable
by group, referer: http://www.waags.org.uk/t3/typo3/backend.php

The problem is I am unsure what either of these means.

Would appreciate any help you can.

Simon