[TYPO3-english] Pt #2: How to position a custom page title tag near the top of my head section?

Markus Kobligk markus at kobligk.de
Thu Jun 30 00:50:15 CEST 2011

Hey Kev,

Am 29.06.2011 23:35, schrieb Kevin Mitchell:
> Thanks for the thought, but page.headTag seems to only pull in TEXT in your
> example. So literally the string TEXT is all that is inserted. Perhaps there
> is a way around this?

*gnarf*

Sorry about that, I thought I fixed this myself this way some time ago,
but obviously I didn't remember right.

Have a look at: typo3\sysext\cms\tslib\class.tslib_pagegen.php

In line 1191 (refering to 4.5.3) is an XCLASS definition for this class,
so you should be able to extend this class via XCLASS and overwrite the
function renderContentWithHeader(). There you can change the order of
the header data parts that are generated there. Just put the definition
of the <title> tag right after the definition of the <head> tag and u
should be done.

Google should give u enough results on how to extend an existing TYPO3
alss via XCLASS :)

greets,
Markus