[TYPO3-english] Pt #2: How to position a custom page title tag near the top of my head section?

Kevin Mitchell kevin at infielddesign.com
Wed Jun 29 22:26:45 CEST 2011

While I tend to agree that the SEO value of moving around the title is
questionable (at best), our client has hired a dedicated SEO company who has
insisted on the <title> tags position. So while I would guess the <head> tag
is distilled down to it's components, and the value extracted from the
various components and used in the great Google (Yahoo, etc) algorithms,
I've read a few different articles that say that *some* search engines
(perhaps not Google or any of the bigger search companies) may still give
some weight or importance to the <head> organization.

Either way, our client, and the clients fairly large SEO firm want the
<title> tag on top, and they are willing to pay for it. If it's not possible
without writing a bunch of code or modifying core files, then perhaps
ultimately we'll deem it 100% impractical... But, I'm hoping that somebody
out there has run across this issue before (like Mr. Webster in his original
post) and come up with a solution! Alternatively, if anybody has
any DEFINITIVE proof that the <title> tag placement does not matter at all,
then I'll happily pass the information along! I've found several blog posts
discussing the issue, most which say it PROBABLY doesn't matter, but that's
not quite definitive!

Thanks for the response!