[TYPO3-english] Pt #2: How to position a custom page title tag near the top of my head section?

Christopher Torgalson bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 21:02:29 CEST 2011

Hi,

On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 11:23 AM, Kevin Mitchell
<kevin at infielddesign.com> wrote:
> Hello all!
>
> I'm sorry to bring up a topic that has been discussed previously but I'm
> hoping to dig a bit deeper to find a solution:
> http://lists.typo3.org/pipermail/typo3-english/2010-July/070033.html
>
> My basic goal is to move my custom <title> tag to the top of the <head>
> section of my page. Simple (I hoped!)! The problem I'm running into is the
> same as Harm Webster's in the post above - I am generating a custom title in
> the headerData and not using the native *###TITLE###*. I would move the
> headerData section up in the page using *
> typo3/sysext/cms/tslib/templates/tslib_page_frontend.html* however I also
> have some other content in headerData, such as conditional CSS for IE, some
> custom meta tags, etc (which needs to be near the bottom of the page). So,
> simply moving headerData to the top of the page (which would solve my
> <title> position problem), and to be honest I'm not sure what other issues
> moving headerData around might cause.
>
> Is anybody aware of any solutions to this issue? For instance (just a wild
> example), is it possible to add a new "attribute" to the
> tslib_page_frontend.html file, such as *###HEADERDATATOP### *and somehow map
> it to an attribute that acts the same as headerData, so I could move
> ###HEADERDATATOP### to the top of the tslib_page_frontend.html file and push
> my custom title into this attribute, while leaving ###HEADERDATA### at the
> bottom of the page in it's original position?
>
> I am not yet an expert with typoscript, so I apologize if there is a simple
> answer to this issue. I've talked with a few typoscript veterans and nobody
> has come up with a solution yet at this point.
>
> Also, I would not be apposed to installing an extension if
> absolutely necessary, though I would of course prefer to do this with an
> "out of the box" and native solution!

Seriously: if somebody's telling you that the *position* of a *unique*
element in the head of an HTML document has any effect whatsoever on
SEO, demand verifiable evidence. This is almost certainly magical
thinking, and not worth wasted development time. It also suggests an
extremely simplistic view of what search-engines actually do...

--
Christopher Torgalson
http://www.typo3apprentice.com/