[TYPO3-english] Backend has no css style, page is messed up

Steffen Gebert steffen.gebert at typo3.org
Tue Jun 28 23:15:05 CEST 2011

Hi

> the css files are not referenced as css.gz. See f.i.:
> Where to look next?

Three ideas
* You're using Internet Explorer and have $TYPO_CONF_VARS[BE][debug]
enabled (which you probably not have, as you have a merged-*.css file).
But IE can't work with mir than ~31 files
* The process creating the merged file died and wrote it only partially.
You wrote that you deleted the temp-files. You really deleted the
contents of typo3temp/compressor/? With the died-while-writing, I give
this solution at least a tiny chance to help (other people often
recommend it, I know it usually doesn't solve the problem).
* You have another skin extension installed. Uninstall it.

Kind regards
Steffen

--
Steffen Gebert