[TYPO3-english] Embedding Remote Content into Typo3 CMS Page

Adam Retter adam.retter at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 28 00:29:35 CEST 2011

Hi there,

I am very new to Typo3, but not to web development or CMSs in general.

Within Typo3, when a specific page is loaded from the CMS -
I need to be able to make a Request to a remote URL, receive a HTML
document, extract parts of that document and embed them into the
returned page. I will also need to be able to insert parts of the
extracted document into the <head> of the returned page. As Typo3 uses
a templating approach, it is not clear to me how to achieve this.
Also, it appears that TypoScript does not seem to be a full-fledged
Server side programming language, or am I missing something? If not,
is there something else as well like server side JavaScript in Typo3?

Please, how do I get started on solving this?

Thanks Adam.

--
Adam Retter