[TYPO3-english] Store data in one table when editing records from other table

Guillermo R. Oramas J. oramas.g at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 03:30:16 CEST 2011

I don't know if TYPO3 permit this:

I have a table with potential costumers, and the marketing department needs
to obtain certain data from them in different steps (first contact,
presentation of the product, meeting, sell, etc...)

For that purpose I have two tables, one with the customer information and
one with the "states" of the process.

The idea is that when some worker make an update and change the "state" of
the client (in the BE through the list module), TYPO3 must update the state
in the customers table and store the historical data of the state in the
states table. That historical data includes timestamp, userid, state and
notes about the change.

This is very easy to do in a PHP environment through a custom form, but I
want to take advantage of the list module where I already have all the
fields of the customers table controlled by the power of the TCA.

Thanks in advance for the comments.

Memo.