[TYPO3-english] TYPO3 Snippets

Urs Bräm info at ursbraem.ch
Thu Jun 23 23:58:54 CEST 2011

Hi Jan

 > anyone would know if it will be possible to add new snippets to
 > http://snippets.typo3.org any time soon?

Ah, man, this is really hidden! Never heard of this corner of
typo3.org... Would be great if the snippet section would appear more
prominently in the future site, also to demonstrate what you can achieve
with TS.

 > Or is there any other place to "inspire to share"? E.g. I've just
 > created quite nice piece of TS and I'd be happy to share, but I don't
 > have any place to do so.

http://typo3blogger.de/typo3-tutorials-uebersicht/ (in german)

http://www.typo3wizard.com/en/main.html which shows up often in Google
and has some good material - but also seems to be deserted somehow.

Or you make a TS only extension of it :-((

 > FYI - I was looking for really simple gallery, but I couldn't find any.
 > I wanted simple list of albums and in album list of pictures. In the
 > end, I set up new type of menu that using TS finds first content of type
 > Images or Text w/Images in a page and takes first image from there and
 > uses it as preview image for the page. So albums are created using pages
 > and content of type Images in them.

That sounds good! I think it's great to make use existing
functionalities instead of bloating an installation with a huge overhead
of extensions.

Urs

--
Urs Bräm