[TYPO3-english] t3blog on postgres (continuation)

Boris Gulay boris at boressoft.ru
Wed Jun 22 10:24:10 CEST 2011

22.06.2011 11:47, Xavier Perseguers пишет:
> Hi,
>
> Boris Gulay wrote:
>> It seems to me that value of author field should be converted to bigint
>> before being compared. What is the correct (and portable) way to do it
>> with DBAL?
>
> Exactly! You have to make sure columns are comparable and comparing
> strings and numbers only works with MySQL. The extension must be much
> more strict about type comparison...
Thank you for the fast replay.

It seems to me that question about correct data type of
tx_t3blog_post.author column goes to Dmitry as the author of extension.

But I have another a question to you, Xavier. Is it possible to convert
column value inside a query? Is there any portable syntax? Will Postgres
syntax (tx_t3blog_post.author::bigint) be correctly parsed by DBAL?