[TYPO3-english] Correct use of tablenames field in mm tables

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 21:56:02 CEST 2011

Hi!

Guillermo R. Oramas J. wrote:
> ¿Is it correct?

You can do it like this but it would be better to have separate mm tables
in this case. You have three tables that you need to relate. That is best
done through two separate tables.

> I understand this:
> The first row means that supplier1 is in germany.
> The second row means that customer1 is also in germany.

Depends on your TCA configuration.

> But I already have doubts:
> ¿Is it necessary some TCA configuration in order to TYPO3 understand
> the relations?

Yes.

> ¿Is possible to setup it from Kickstarter?

Yes. There is a checkbox "True MM relations".

> ¿Is necessary to set an index for the tablenames field?

Not necessary but good to have. It would be faster. I would do "KEY
select01 (uid_local,uid_foreign)".

--
Dmitry "itoldyou" Dulepov
TYPO3 core&security team member