[TYPO3-english] Newbie import/export question

Riccardo De Contardi riccardo.decontardi at bhuman.it
Tue Jun 14 17:37:54 CEST 2011

Hello
There is a tool that allows you to export/import a branch of the
pagetree (in the pagetree, click with right mouse button on the "root"
(page 0) and you'll find a context menu with "import from .t3d" and
export to .t3d"), but it's quite difficult to use (my opinion)

To transfer a whole site, the best course of action is (IMHO)

1. dump the db
2. copy the site directories in the new location
3. adjust the soft links (I assume you're using the Unix/Linux version
of TYPO3)
4. adjust the permissions
5. create again the db on the new location and fill it with the dump
6. edit typo3conf/localconf.php to link the new DB

I'm pretty sure that there are several tutorials or posts about this
topic (maybe under "TYPO3 backup") and a good written ebook by Dulepov
called "TYPO3 installing and upgrading" or something like that that can
help you

Tell us if you want more detailed instructions.

best regards

Riccardo De Contardi – TYPO3 Certified Integrator
B Human Srl - www.bhuman.it <http://www.bhuman.it>
Via Canzio, 15 - 20131 Milano
TEL +39-02-20.23.271 - FAX +39-02-20.240.561