[TYPO3-english] Garbled mail from mailforms

Lukas Mattsson lukas at lll.nu
Wed Jun 8 14:32:26 CEST 2011

Hi, I have a problem with the mail received from the mailform in one of
my TYPO3 installations. The mail works if it consist of no more than
English characters and numbers, but fail if I use special characters,
like "å", "ä" and "ö".

The special characters are substituted by question marks, and the entire
message is often repeated several times.
I use TYPO3 4.5.3
I've tried to change mail transport from php to sendmail and smtp, but
the problem persists. I have also tried multiple e-mail clients, to rule
out client problems.

How come?
Best regards, Lukas