[TYPO3-english] Customized functionality in BE interface

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Wed Jun 1 16:50:50 CEST 2011

Hi Mark,

> I'm relatively new to TYPO3 but am learning quickly! I have done a lot of work with other CMS and wanted to know if there's a reference online providing details of how to extended the backend interface and allow custom functions.
>
> The following mockup may help to make sense of what I'm trying to do: http://lockerz.com/s/106677780
>
> What I'm specifically trying to is add a section with four regular input fields and a button next to them. When the editor clicks the button, the values of the fields are parsed and a specific set of information is saved to a separate MySQL DB table using an AJAX request. (The parsing is also carried out by Javascript.)  If the save is successful, a list/table displayed underneath these fields is updated with an HTML-formatted version of the JSON response from the server.

A custom wizard is probably what you want. Look here for documentation:

http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/core-documentation/doc_core_api/4.3.0/view/4/3/#id2532100

A sample implementation can be found in the example extension:

http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/examples/current/

Another example can be found in one of my extensions:

http://typo3.org/extensions/repository/view/dataquery/current/

There are certainly many others around.

If the wizard is not enough, you may need to create a fully custom field:

http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/core-documentation/doc_core_api/4.3.0/view/4/2/#id2526955

HTH

--

Francois Suter