[TYPO3-english] Typoscript localization howto

Andreas Kiessling kiessling at pluspol.info
Thu Jul 28 08:13:18 CEST 2011

Hi,

> I have a typoscript code in template setup that needs to know about
> current language. Here is the function:
>
> plugin.tx_powermail_pi1.email.recipient_mail {
> email_query = TEXT
> email_query.value = SELECT email FROM fe_users WHERE uid = ###UID8###
> }

> The change is in the WHERE clause. So, how can I make this script know
> about localization?

If you use TEXT, you should have a look at the available properties for
that cObject / stdWrap:
http://wiki.typo3.org/TSref/stdWrap#lang

#Example:
config.language = de
page.10 = TEXT
page.10.value = I am a Berliner!
page.10.lang.de = Ich bin ein Berliner!
# Output will be "Ich bin..." instead of "I am..."