[TYPO3-english] How Typo3 organize the constants in the Constant Editor?

Xavier Perseguers xavier at typo3.org
Wed Jul 27 00:15:56 CEST 2011

Hi,

Guillermo R. Oramas J. wrote:
 > I found that is possible to group a bit using subcategories, but it
 > appears that only works with predefined subcategories: enable, dims,
 > file, etc...

1) In addition to subcategory, you may add a 3rd parameter to order
items from same 1st and 2nd category:

# cat=basic/xxx/010; type=string; label= string: my String
t1 = Ich bin ein String

# cat=basic/xxx/011; type=int; label= int: (Integer, may be negative)
t2 = -99

2) Custom subcagegory is possible (I found that once by digging into code):

Format:

customsubcategory=subcatKey=LLkey;
cat=category/subcatKey;

Example:

#
customsubcategory=mantisAPI=LLL:EXT:mantis_connect/locallang_db.xml:constants.subcategories.mantisApi;
cat=plugin.tx_mantisconnect/mantisAPI;
cat=plugin.tx_mantisconnect/mantisAPI; type=string;
label=LLL:EXT:mantis_connect/pi1/locallang.xml:pi_flexform.mantis.wsdl
wsdl =

Cheers
Xavier

--