[TYPO3-english] BE Grid, MultiColumn conflict: tt_content Column label

xydharth siddhartham.sl at gmail.com
Sun Jul 24 21:40:02 CEST 2011

Hello Phillipp,

Thanks for the tips, I am posting for the first time to this list.

Coming back to the issue, let me try to clarify/rephrase my question once
more.

A known feature with BE grid:
When we apply a BE grid layout to a "PAGE", any content inserted in any of
the "grid" columns, have a colpos label of the corresponding grid column.

Say for instance while creating a BE grid(and then applying it to the page
from the page properties BE layout field) if we would map the "normal"
column to a custom named BE grid column "home page special content", and
then if we would insert any content in that grid column the "colpos" label
for that tt_content element shows: "home page special content" and the other
select field options would also have the mapped labels from the BE grid
applied to that "PAGE".

Now for the conflict scenario:
Simply put when the extension multicolumn is active for an Typo3 4.5
installation, this BE grid feature is overridden and no more active, which I
guess would be due to some hooks that the multicolumn extension is using to
take control of the colpos field, without taking into consideration of any
BE grids applied to a particular "PAGE".
I think as Phillip rightly pointed out it would need a fix in the
multicolumn extension.

Thanks a lot anyway, hope this time my query has been phrased in a way that
is understandable :) .

Regards,
Siddhartha
(screen name: xydharth)